click here for getting new news

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Women Love Christina Hendricks

The 'Mad Men' beauty - who has won praise for her curvaceous figure - is reportedly being considered by the British style bible to grace their coveted front cover.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Christina has no idea what a buzz she has created with her ample curves. She has sent the fashion circuit in a tizz, particularly it seems those at Vogue HQ.
Best known for her role on the hit show ‘Mad Men’, Christina Hendricks has found out that a lot of people admire her looks. The curvy, size-4 (14???), 5-foot-8 actress has found out that not only men hit on here, but women as well. Hendricks has also found that many curvy women out there are starting to see her as a role model, as she makes looking curvy very, very sexy.
“Women hit on me. My husband thinks it’s so odd that so many women hit on me.”During a dinner with her husband, Geoffrey Arend, a woman approached and told Hendricks about how she helped to feel sexy and beautiful.“‘Excuse me, I just want to tell you that I watch your show, and you make me feel better about myself. I am a curvy woman, and you’ve made me feel sexy and beautiful.’ I got teary eyed.”
“I remember Geoffrey saying, ‘That’s what you’re doing for people. That’s amazing.’ And I said, ‘I’m just trying to be a good actress and trying to tell a story, but if this is the sidebar, all this positivity, then that is awesome.’”
As revealed on Harper’s Bazaar’s November issue, the voluptuous figure of Christina Hendricks, as affirmed by her husband catches the attention of women and even gay men.
The 35 year old Mad Men actress dishes out that gays do approach her saying, “Well, I’m not straight, but if I was…” The flattering statement makes Hendricks laugh as she is also flattered. However, the actress also admits that she has never thought about her body becoming a topic stirring conversation. She was surprised but figured out it was something positive to which she enjoyed getting good remarks from people.

Her body turned out to be a way of reaching out to people which she claims, is amazing. In the interview, she recalled how an admirer, a female thanked Christina for making her feel good and appreciate her own body. The woman was teary-eyed when she left. Upon first glance, there doesn't appear to be many similarities between Christina Hendricks and Karen Elson, oh except they both have flaming red locks. But according to the Mad Men actress, that's exactly what her and the British model have in common.

In a new interview with Harper's Bazaar US, in which she has been snapped by Terry Richardson, Hendricks makes a startling revelation that Elson copied her look. It seems during the 1990s when Hendricks was in Europe to do the modelling rounds for mags such as Dazed & Confused, she bumped into Elson.

"I was in Milan, and you would see the same girls at castings. There was one girl - she was like, 'I can't get any work. I'm so sick of this, I'm ready to quit. I love your hair color. What do you color your hair with?' and I was like, 'Oh, it's red. Here's my formula.' It was Karen Elson. A couple of weeks later, she had bright-red hair." Christina says.

No comments:

Post a Comment